|> Frequently Asked Questions|
Registrations, submitting listing, membership etc.
I am receiving the error message: "Incorrect activation code. Please copy and paste from the email" The link may have gotten truncated in the email. If there is additional code on second line, add on to URL in your browser address window, or use link above to have code resent. We need the entire string, anything missing will get the above error.
You must be registered to add a listing. After registering, login. After you login, click down into the most appropriate category for your listing. In the gray bar towards the right side, under the MasterMOZ logo you will see "Submit Listing". Click on it, add detailed information about your website, and then click submit at the bottom of the page. Your listing will be live in the MasterMOZ directory immediately.
Logon is at the top of each page. After Logging in, click on My Account at top of the page. You will see your listings. Click on blue "E" on right of listing to edit it.
7) Why should I put my website in MasterMOZ?
Your business is important. You have spent time and money building your business and it's website. The web is very large, and it can be difficult to get noticed, partly because of the web size and scale and partly because the web is not tangible or concrete. The challenge all businesses have is getting noticed and in particular getting noticed for the correct reasons.
8) My business does very well. I use Google and other search engines to drive customers and potential customers (traffic) to my site. Will a listing in MasterMOZ hurt this in any way?
MasterMOZ is designed and intended to bring clarity to your website. We have many categories so that you will be able to classify your site in the correct place. The category clarity combined with the details you submit will bring greater clarity and accuracy to you and your website. This never hurts and really helps you get more accurately placed in search engine indexes.
9) MasterMOZ has too many categories. How can I figure out where to put my listing? Can't I put it at the hightest level for my business? MasterMOZ has many categories. Do not be discouraged, these categories are your friend. The categories are used to distinguish your business from others on the web, the category sub-category details help place you and your website in specific disciplines and topics of interest. Without detailed categories your business and it's associated website would be less distinguished and distinctly associated to specific information.
10) How does MasterMOZ work? Why is it beneficial to add my business to the MasterMOZ directory? A listing in MasterMOZ adds distinct and credible information about you and your business from a credible source other than your website. It is important to have some quality information pushing towards your website. External reference to your business and your website adds relevance to your website and your business. MasterMOZ only allows accurate and credible information and if inaccurate or non-credible information is found, it will not meet the MasterMOZ guidelines. Information which does not meet the MasterMOZ guindelines will be cited in an a review.
11) MaterMOZ has both free and paid membership. Why should I pay when there are free listings available?
All listings in MasterMOZ bring benefit, paid listings bring additional benefits. Paid listings have additional content and certification and this information is fed to the search engines.
12) Do I need to register to put my website on MasterMOZ?
Yes, you must become a member in order to put a listing on MasterMOZ. All listings are submitted by members who go to the category and click "Submit Listing" on top right of the screen. If you are not logged in you will not see the "Submit Listing" link at the top of the page. Again, listings are submitted by members.
13) How do I change my MasterMOZ password?
Logon (at the top of each page). After Logging in, click on My Account at top of the page. You will see your listings. Click on "My Profile" on the right of your listings. Then enter your new password in the "Change Password To" field and click the "Edit Profile" button.
To maintain an active listing in MaterMOZ you must maintain an active email. To make it as simple as possible for the reviewer and the reviewee the process works like this:
MasterMOZ's unique patent pending review process is designed to get 100% consensus between the person responsible for the listing and members that review the listing. This process helps keep the information supplied to the directory up-to-date and accrate.
2) Who can review my listing?
The professional members of the category your listing is in can review your listing. If you would like to do reviews, consider becoming a professional member.
3) What if there are no professional members in my category?
An admin or moderator can review your listing for accuracy.
4) What does accurate mean?
It means that the information you submitted about your listing is correct and not misleading according to MasterMOZ listing guidelines.
5) Why to I get emails from MasterMOZ?
The emails keep you informed about your listing status. To be listed you MUST have an active email. Due to everyone's concern about email, we will send the minimum necessary to keep you informed.
You will receive an email when your listing is:
reviewed as accurate.
reviewed as inaccurate and needs revision (You have 15 days).
inaccurate - 10 days left to revise listing.
inaccurate - 5 days left to revise listing.
inaccurate - 1 day left to revise listing.
When your listing is taken off-line.
The listing stays online in a status of accurate.
You can correct (revise/edit) your listing at anytime. As soon as it is edited, it will go back to in a status of accurate. It will then be available for review again.
You can correct your listing at anytime. As soon as it is revised/edited, it will go back online in a status of accurate. It will then be available for review again.
You can view it in the directory in the category you listed it in or you can always log in to your account and you can see it's current status there.
If it was in a status of needs revision and did not get revised within 15 days allotted, it will go offline. Offline listings are not visible in the directory. You can always log in to your account and revise your listing, that will restore it's status to accurate and the listing will go back online.
All review history is visible. If you feel that your listing is not being reviewed fairly you may request mediation by an admin or moderator. There is a mediation link at the right of each review, simply use the mediation form to describe your situation. The situation will be reviewed and you will be notified of the outcome in a timely fashion.